Giving to Ascanius
A message from Barbara Caceres, Marketing & Development Committee Chair:
As we begin to wrap up another year, we are very grateful to have this opportunity to take a step back and appreciate our accomplishments, our supporters, and all of our dedicated volunteers. No matter how big or small the initiatives, we are proud to continue making the effort to fulfill our mission that originated well over 15 years ago. The commitments we received from our donors and volunteers last year allowed us to successfully accomplish our 2017 goals, such as:
- Hosting 3 Roman Explorers programs in the cities of Monmouth, IL, Butler, PA, and San Antonio, TX
- Awarding 3 Classical Promise Scholarships to high school students in order to assist them in sharing their love of Classics with younger students
- Running our popular SCRIBO International Latin Competition Contest
- Updating our online publications store to an automated system so that we can better serve teachers by delivering their e-books immediately
- Publishing six issues of our Membership Program's The Shooting Star e-newsletter, full of ready-to-use lessons and activities
With the New Year right around the corner, we are hoping to start 2018 fresh with the hopes of using our successes in 2017 as a foundation and starting point. As always, our organization will continue to reinforce its commitment to cultivate and inspire interest in the Classics.
A key element of our success has been the ever-inspiring support from our donors. It is with your help that we could truly continue to fulfill our mission! Will you be able to help Ascanius: The Youth Classics Institute continue some of its favorite programs in 2018? You can help fund our programs by donating via our website, our Facebook page, or by mailing in your donation to P.O. Box 320536, Boston, MA 02132. Plus, all $25+ donations, will receive our new 2018 Magnet! This showcases a wonderful art piece created by a student participating in one of our programs. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and donations are tax-deductible up to 50% of Adjusted Gross Income.
Are you passionate about the Classics, but unable to donate right now? That’s okay! You can still take part and make a difference by spreading the word as our ambassador: Share a personal story or fond memory of Ascanius on your social media pages - don't forget to use #AscaniusYCIgives! If you are looking for a different way to help, please contact us via email to volunteer your time!
Thank you for your continued support of our organization, and for believing in our mission to inspire lifelong learning about Latin, Greek, and the ancient Greco-Roman world. Together, we can truly make a difference!
**We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization,
and donations are tax-deductible up to 50% of Adjusted Gross Income.**